January 9, 2016

My resolution is about gaining, not losing

The title can be a little misleading; I am not talking about gaining weight (although I do need to gain at least 20lbs) but  more about managing my time wisely in both my social life with my family and business life.  I feel like they both go hand in hand. If I am confident around people, that confidence will show up while I am working with clients and taking portraits of them.

To be honest, many people have seen me struggle while we are in the session period of taking portraits of either themselves or their family members.

I admit it...sometimes my mind is not entirely in the 30 minute session; I am constantly thinking about my kids even when I know they are safe with either my husband or with my parents. 

I have struggled around people when they ask me ,

"How should I pose?" or "What do I do next?"... and sometimes I do know the correct answer I am supposed to give them but the majority of times I lack assertiveness in that area and I might even look like I don't know what I am doing, all because my mind wanders a lot or I may have an idea in mind, and try so hard to do it exactly how I pictured it.

I am working out camera kinks and trying to experiment with different camera settings and thinking about my children  all the while I am trying to create something memorable for a client and that is the area in which I am trying to change this year.

There is a time and place for everything and when it comes to a certain task, I want to try to focus on that task only and want the outcomes of family time and business time to be better than they were last year.