January 11, 2016

Tired but not too tired to type...


I am currently sandwiched in between my two kids and hearing my husband snore so loud that I can't really hear the ocean sound off the white noise machine.

If you wonder when I do these posts, they are usually done after everyone passes out and before Edgar wakes up to have a midnight snack. I have an hour to finish this.

I don't like over thinking my posts; I want them to be very genuine and I want you to feel like I am talking to you, face to face. But since this is the first year I've taken on blogging almost every night, I'm tending to over think things.

I have no idea what interests readers...do they want to know everything that goes on in my life or should I leave a little bit to the imagination?

When I read things, I like humor in them and I like pretending I am there with a person, engaging in a conversation that keeps my mind occupied on what they are saying.

I don't know if I am doing that yet. I hope to do that in some way. I want to keep people interested even if it's just for a minute or two.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I have trouble keeping people interested in my conversations in person, I really do. I am boring when it comes to conversations and lately I have become a stutterer. I think it's because I am beginning to speak more Spanish than English, and am confusing both languages and whatever comes out of my mouth comes out as Spanglish and that's not what I want. It's crazy how that works; I wasn't a stutterer until I started speaking Spanish more frequently.

ANYWAYS... I seriously have no idea why I rambled on about conversation and languages. That's another thing I have to work on and something that HAS followed me throughout all my grammar and highschool years; the ability to keep my focus on one thing and one thing only, and I obviously can not because I tend to change the subject of my post way too often.

Nothing probably makes sense to you at this point.

To close this post, I'll just post a little phrase my daughter told me today after she took her shower...

"Mami, tengo ambwe. quero come" "Mommy I am hungry, I want to eat"

I didn't really pay attention to her until after she said it for like, the fifth time.

Then I realized and imagined the poor, unfortunate kids who repeat this to their parents
every day and can't have their appetites full filled.

Crazy how when we see things like this, we know poverty is something of the norm to us and something that will never end, but when a child says things like this, things get put in a different perspective.